Annual list honoring the fastest growing
The Lunch Pail 100 recognizes successful companies founded by Virginia Tech alumni and former students who have experienced significant growth.
Nominations for 2023 will open in the Spring.
Lunch Pail 100 Criteria
Companies are ranked based on compounded annual growth of revenue, investment dollars, and/or employees.
To be eligible, companies must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have been in business for 1 year or more
- Be privately held, for profit
- Be based in the U.S.
- Be independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company)
Revenue or Funding
Companies must meet one of the following criteria:
- Have had verifiable revenues of $250,000 or more for the previous calendar year OR…
- Have raised more than $250,000 in total private investment to date
- Note: all data, including revenues, will be kept private and used exclusively to determine eligibility for the Lunch Pail 100 list. Data submitted will not be shared with external parties or published publicly
Companies must meet one or more of the three criteria below to be eligible.
An alumnus or former student of Virginia Tech (or group of former students):
- Must have founded the company at any time, OR…
- Must have been active as a member of the most senior management team* from the previous calendar year, OR…
- Must have owned >25% equity in the company during the previous calendar year
*Senior management team: C-level executive or partner with fiduciary responsibility (for example chairman, CEO, COO, CFO, CTO, president or managing partner)
Lunch Pail Ventures reserves the right to independently verify that nominees meet all criteria, reject any nominee for any reason, and/or modify eligibility criteria as needed without notification.